In the premiere episode, the Ross kids arrive at camp. The camp’s owner, Gladys (played by Mary Scheer), is even scarier than the legendary creature that’s rumored to stalk the grounds. With the help of her sneaky niece Hazel, she’s out to get the Ross kids because of her decades-old rivalry with their mom.
PlotThe episode starts out with Emma, Ravi, and Zuri coming to Camp Kikiwaka. Ravi and Zuri have light luggage, but Emma has more than five bags. Emma asks Gladys to help her carry her things to her cabin. She accidentally calls Gladys a "sir" and Gladys gets angry. She explains to Emma that she hadn't shaved her legs in a month and she suddenly turned into a sir. Ravi introduces and Mrs. Kipling to Gladys. He assures her that the possibility of the lizard eating the kids are very remote. Zuri then still suggests that Gladys should hide the bite sized kids to prevent any accidents and that offends Ravi. Gladys brought up the fact that there should be four of the Ross kids. Zuri then explains that Luke is stuck in summer school, probably because he can spell neither of those words. Gladys states that she doesn't care and tells them to sign in with her niece.
At the registration table, Hazel sits there while Gladys introduces the Ross kids. Gladys then told them that their parents met at the very camp when they were sixteen. Gladys reveals that she loved Morgan Ross when they were young and still do now. Zuri makes a comment that she could live her whole life without hearing any of that. Gladys holds a grudge against Christina Ross for falling in love and marrying him and hates her with all of her bones (including her artificial hip). Emma told them that they are the worst welcoming committee ever. Emma then makes a note on the phone to herself, causing her to break the no phones rule.
At the Grizzly cabin, Ravi walks in and meets Xander. Xander first is frightened and thought Mrs. Kipling ate Ravi's pet. Ravi explains to him that the lizard is his pet, making Xander relieved as he thought they were going to get a really creepy kid, as thought from the cage. Ravi asks Xander what are the rules of the cabin. Xander says that he is not a person with rules but reminded Ravi to always wear shower shoes. By not wearing shower shoes, one of his toenails came off, but Xander uses it as a guitar pick. Ravi then responded that the picks only cost five cents. Jorge then comes in with his bags and takes Ravi's bunk. He reveals that he had brunch with aliens, and calls Ravi weird.
- Peyton List as Emma Ross (debut)
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross (debut)
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross (debut)
- Miranda May as Lou Hockhauser (debut)
- Kevin G. Quinn as Xander McCormick (debut)
- Nathan Arenas as Jorge Ramirez (debut)
- Nina Lu as Tiffany Chen (debut)
- Mary Scheer as Gladys (debut)
- Tessa Netting as Hazel Swearengen (debut)
- Frank as Mrs. Kipling (debut)
- Nate Stone as Timmy (debut)
Gladys: CAMP KIKIWAKA!
Zuri: What now?
Gladys: Phones aren't allowed in camp. Hand it over!
Lou: Let the training begin. SIT!
Xander: Hi, I'm Xander
Emma: I'm Emma.
Hazel: I'm nauseous.
Ravi: Okay people
Zuri: Get him!
Zuri: Who made this giant footprint?
Emma: A giant foot, duh.
Emma: Do you think it's the Kikiwaka?
Zuri: Thanks. A lot.
Gladys: Deal with it!
Emma: [pants] Excuse me sir. Could you get these delivered to my room?
Gladys: She! You don't shave your legs for a month and suddenly you are a sir?
Emma: I haven't even looked at your legs yet.
Ravi: Ravi Ross, a pleasure. You must be Miss Gladys, the perpetrator. Thank you so much for letting Mrs. Kipling stay at camp. I assure you the odds of eating the campers are very remote.
Zuri: You should still hide the bite sized kids.
Gladys: Aren't there supposed to be four of you?
Zuri: Our brother Luke got stuck in summer school. Probably because he can't spell either of those words.
Gladys: Check clear, don't care. Sign in with my niece.
- August 17, 2015 (Canada)
- November 11, 2015 (France)
- December 2, 2015 (Israel)
- January 14, 2016 (Australia)'
- January 17, 2016 (Philippines)
- January 23, 2016 (Latin America, Brazil)
- March 6, 2016 (Italy)
- March 18, 2016 (Spain, Portugal)
- April 25, 2016 (Germany)
- June 10, 2016 (Poland)
- June 19, 2016 (Hungary)
- June 20, 2016 (Romania)
- December 8, 2016 (Trinidad and Tobago)
- This episode premiered after the Disney Channel Original Movie "Descendants".
- This is the first episode of the season and the series.
- All of the main characters will be introduced in this episode and some recurring characters.
- Unlike most spin-offs, this episode premiered while Season 4 of Jessie was still airing. BUNK'D and Cory in the House are the only spinoffs shows on Disney Channel to premiere before its predecessor finished airing.
- This episode was referred to as "Pilot" before the name was announced.
- Unlike most spinoffs and episodes with guest stars this episode had no cheer for Emma, Zuri, and Ravi.
- The theme song is sung at the end of the episode with the campers.
- It's revealed that Luke is in summer school, explaining his absence in the series.
- It's revealed that Hazel really likes Xander and doesn't like Emma.
- Christina Ross was mentioned several times throughout the episode. It is also revealed she was a Counselor In Training like Emma.
- Gladys is single according to this episode.
- Jorge claims he was abducted by aliens and the aliens invited him for lunch.
- Xander and Emma are in love which explains the plot for the following episode Gone Girl.
- Half/Most of the clips in the promo was shown in the first half of the episode.
- The actual Kikiwaka is seen at the end of the episode.
- The first episode of Bunk'd is the cliffhanger episode to "Jessie Goes to Hollywood".
- Highest rated episode of the series.
- The ratings dropped hard after this episode.
- The mud pit on the campground was actually pie filling.
- In the promo, it showed the Ross kids in New York but in this episode, it doesn't. However, that may just be from the Jessie series finale or just an extra scene for the promo. Or it could be a scene from a future episode. However, it turned out to be none of those so it was probably an extra scene for the promo or a scene from an episode of Jessie.
The image gallery for Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka may be viewed here.
The transcript for Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka may be viewed here.
The video gallery for Welcome to Camp Kikiwaka may be viewed here.